In this policy:
- the expressions “we”, “us” and “our” are a reference to Hitech Support;
- “Hitech Support” means Hitech Support Pty. Limited ACN 064 818 211 of Unit 113, 14 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista NSW 2153; and
- “Privacy Act” means the Privacy Act 1988.
2. Who are we?
Hitech Support does not store any of your personal information unless we are providing an offsite backup or disaster recovery service, in which case, all of the information is encrypted.
4. What personal information do we collect from you?
The types of personal information we may collect and hold vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you. This information may include:
- identifying and contact information such as your name and title, your company name, postal and email address(es) and telephone number(s);
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details); and
- any other personal information which we require to provide our services.
5. How do we collect your personal information?
We typically collect your personal information directly from you.
- We may collect your personal information in several ways, including:
- when you visit our website and/or submit personal information through our website (such as when you register an account with us);
- in the course of providing, you with a requested service or product through our sales processes;
- in person and/or when you correspond with us across any of our channels (including messaging platforms such as email, video conferencing and text messaging); and when you have other dealings with us.
6. How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information so that we are able to contact you regarding sales and other service related matters. Using your personal information in this way is necessary for us to perform our contractual obligations to provide our products and deliver our services to you, as well as to maintain our relationship with you. It is in both our legitimate interests to provide you with the best possible customer experience.
We may also use your personal information:
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law;
- if you have provided consent for us to do so; or
- if you would reasonably expect us to use your personal information for a different but related purpose.
In some cases, we may need to disclose your personal information to suppliers and/or vendors (both hardware and software) to meet warranty/maintenance and licensing requirements. Some of the supplies and vendors are based overseas (Please see below point 9 for more detail).
7. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
8. With which third parties do we share your personal information?
Your personal information is intended for Hitech Support and its related bodies corporate, but may be shared with third parties in following circumstances:
- If necessary, to deliver, promote or improve third party products or services purchased through Hitech Support (particularly where the third party has requested end user details). While providing such services, these service providers may have access to your personal information;
- to external auditors and advisers; and
- to other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
Third parties permitted by law
In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal information to the police, regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and if we determine that it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, is a matter of national security, law enforcement, or to enforce our contractual rights, protect your rights or is of public importance.
Third parties connected with business transfers
Hitech Support will not sell your personal information to third parties for monetary compensation.
9. Will we send your personal information overseas?
We may disclose some of your personal information (for the purposes described above at point 6) to suppliers and vendors that are located overseas. It is not practicable for us to specify in advance all of the countries from which your personal information may be disclosed, however, some of the counties include United States, England and India.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to overseas organisations (even though overseas countries may not provide the same protections as Australia for your personal information).
10. How do we protect your personal information?
We take a number of steps to protect your personal information and keep our data secure, including the use of administrative, technical and physical safeguards such as firewalls and encryption measures.
While we endeavour to protect our systems, website, operations and information against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee and do not warrant, that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be safe and secure from intrusion by others, such as hackers. If you transmit any personal information to us over the Internet, you do so at your own risk.
11. How do we hold personal information?
Hitech Support takes reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- where permitted by law, destroy or permanently anonymise personal information that is no longer needed by Hitech Support.
12. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information to the extent it is required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
When we no longer need to use your personal information, including for any contractual, legal, or regulatory requirement, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
- our information handling practices; and/or
- the types of personal information which we collect and hold.
14. How to contact us
- would like to correct or update information that we have collected and hold about you; or
- wish to access your personal information that we hold about you;
please contact us via the details below:
Attention – John Papoutsis
Post: PO BOX 8289, Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
Phone: (02) 8883 4355
Fax: (02) 8883 4377
15. Making a complaint
When making a complaint, please:
- identify yourself and provide your contact details;
- advise how you would like us to resolve your complaint.