- Cloud migration pressure from management; move to a SaaS or IaaS platform
- Outdated datacentre servers and storage platform which are starting to fail and cause performance issues
- Lack of critical infrastructure monitoring
- Struggle to maintain local services, patching, security issues, growing number of staff are compounding to the ongoing problems
- Switching, Communications and security needing refresh over the following 12 months
- Carry out a baseline health check on the critical systems, infrastructure, and baseline core business applications.
- Review current Backup and Recovery processes.
- Review council business plan and strategy for the future – Digital Transformation
- Workshop details collated and proposed XaaS service options; set key high-level milestones
- Draft Strategic Plan and review with key stakeholders to ensure that everyone agrees with the proposed direction
- Obtain some budgetary pricing to implement the proposed Strategy
- Present ICT Strategic Plan.
|What did we learn?|
- The inclusion of a variety of staff from different departments in the early discussions will provide a practical and more realistic account of the current challenges that are being faced
- The more people involved in baselining and agreeing to the UAT testing methodology and acceptable performance criteria will lead to a lower resistance to changes.
- Revising the plan on a regular basis is critical to ensure that the strategy can move with any business changes or external influences/situations.